Boards of Canada

Saturday 13 December 2014

Subwayz Selectionz 2014 25 Lenzman

My Top 30 Albums Of The Year:




25. Lenzman: Looking At The Stars (Metalheadz)

Tracklisting:
  1. Lazy Dub
  2. Just Can't Take
  3. My Tearz
  4. Through My Eyes
  5. 1978 (Interlude)
  6. Paper Faces
  7. Move & Focus
  8. Collapse
  9. Private Eye
  10. It's Yours (Interlude)
  11. Always
  12. Burner
  13. Anticipate
  14. Starz
  15. Empty Promise (Jubei Remix)
  16. Move & Focus (Instrumental)
  17. My Tearz (Instrumental)


Lenzman's debut album, on Metalheadz was released back in June to much fanfare. I think its fair to say that there was a lot of anticipation about Lenzman's first long player, and it didn't disappoint. There'a rich mixture of crafted drum n bass to suit all tastes here, from the liquid sensibilities of Lazy Dub to the dark tinged vocal excellence of My Tearz, Looking At The Stars is an impressive album, which showcases Lenzman's ability to craft drum n bass of the highest quality.



My Standout Track: Collapse








My Top 30 Albums of 2014

30. Legowelt: Crystal Cult 2080 (Creme Organization)
29. The Cyclist: Flourish (All City Dublin)
28. Recondite: Iffy (Innervisions)
27. Sully: Blue (Keysound Recordings)
26. Actress: Ghettoville (Werkdiscs/Ninja Tune)
25. Lenzman: Looking At The Stars (Metalheadz)

No comments:

Post a Comment